Halifax Motorsports is growing and we need talented people to join our team. Below are our current openings:
Motorcycle & Powersport Mechanic / Shop Assistant
send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you as PASSIONATE about motorsports as we are? Then you should consider working with us!
Halifax Motorsports has an opening for a Motorcycle & Powersport Mechanic / Shop Assistant who is energetic and focused on offering our customers an excellent experience at Halifax Motorsports.
We are looking for someone with high energy who is looking to obtain a position that is not mundane, something that will keep you on your toes, active and learning all of the time. We have a very positive working environment and are looking for someone to join and fit in with our team.
Position Requirements and Description:
- Motorcycle Repair Diploma a BIG asset
- Mechanical background and experience with a tire changer would be considered assets
- Booking service appointments, checking in and checking out service customers
- Confidence in speaking and communicating with the public
- Knowledge of motorcycle, snowmobile and or ATV parts and accessories is essential. Please do not apply for this position if you have no knowledge of this sport. You must list your experience with motorcycles, snowmobiles and/or ATV’s in your resume or cover letter to be considered for this position
- Ordering parts and tools
- Light service duties including changing tires and changing oil
- Cleaning the service bay as well as various odd jobs around the shop
- Excellent computer and internet skills
- Impeccable customer service and communication skills
- Attention to detail. Must be willing to learn and be able to focus on each customer individually
- Must be able to problem solve
- Must enjoy working in a team environment that is fast paced
- Must be able to lift heavy items like ATV tires and other large items
- Candidates must be reliable and motivated to develop a service career with Halifax Motorsports. We are expanding and the sky is the limit with our company!
Hours per week: 40
Compensation: Base hourly rate (depending on experience) We also offer health and dental benefits to full time staff.
Start date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$20.00 per hour DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Send your resume to email@example.com